CAREERS INFORMATION FOR PARENTS & CARERS
At The Studio we prepare young people for success in the digital world, whether this is full-time employment, entrepreneurship, a new business venture or further study, we strive to ensure all our students are equipped with the skills needed to succeed in the creative and digital sector.
For more information on careers, please contact our Careers Information, Advice and Guidance Lead,
Tel: 0151 230 1330
Information on Raising Participation
Since the Raising of the Participation Age the law states that young people must be in some form of ‘education or training’ until they are 18.
Information on Key Transition Points
The Parents’ Guide (theparentsguideto.co.uk) provides parents and carers with the information they need at key transition points such as Options for GCSE to help their children create successful futures.
- Unifrog transforms the way young people find and apply for post-16 and post-18 opportunities. Find your login details here
- The Spartan Test is a psychometric quiz which builds a profile of you based on your responses to a series of pictures and then creates your very own Subjects Cloud and Career Cloud based on your profile. https://sacu-student.com/?page_id=2850
- Careers helpline for teenagers is part of the National Careers Service. You can email, text or phone them or even ask them to phone you back and it is completely free.
- Success at School is a national careers website for students aged 11-19, as well as their teachers, careers advisors, parents and other influencers. Click here to download the Parents & Carers eBook.
- The National Careers Service provides support to adults from 18+ with careers advice, CV support, interview skills, identifying skills, general job-search and also redundancy. https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk
- Liverpool City Region Careers Resources – a suite of online learning resources designed to support individuals, school careers leaders, careers guidance practitioners and adult learning tutors. Find out more here: https://www.liverpoolcityregion-ca.gov.uk/careers/
- FutureLearnCareers helps you match a career to your education and skills. Explore which job could be the right fit for you by heading to https://futurelearncareers.com
The Career Connect Service is a national organisation that we subscribe to. They work in partnership with us to provide impartial help and advice for young people. Career Connect Personal Advisers provide up-to-date, independent advice and guidance about education, training and employment opportunities. The Careers Connect Personal Advisers take group sessions and aim to interview the majority of Year 11 students but are also available to support Year 9, 10 and Sixth Form students each year.
The Careers Connect Personal Adviser is Karen Gallagher. The advisor spends at least a day in school each week and you can request an appointment by speaking with the school Careers team Students can also access support via the Careers Connect website or by appointment in Careers Connect Offices across the city.
Info on Post 18 Choices
Apprenticeships – Click here to download a useful Guide to Apprenticeships
Employment – Check out the Liverpool City Region Job Hub here