Once again, our young people have excelled in our specialist areas. Cara achieved a 9 in graphics and 9 in fine art and Hannah achieved an 8 in graphics and 8 in fine art. Alex achieved a 9 in maths and a 9 in computing.
The highlights include:
- 64% students achieved a level 4 or above in English and maths GCSE, with
- 42% students gaining a level 5 or above
- 73% achieved a level 4 or above in maths GCSE
- 73% achieved a level 4 or above in English GCSE
- 66% achieved a level 4 or above in computing GCSE
- 95% achieved a level 4 or above in fine art, graphics or photography GCSE
Jill Davies, Studio principal, says: “It’s a real treat to have our year 11s back together today, and we’re so happy to be able to celebrate their fantastic results with them. We’re so proud of how hard they worked in preparation for their centre-assessed grades and relieved that they hadn’t waited for final exams to knuckle down to the hard work. We hope this shows just how important preparing for mocks really is. Their efforts definitely show in their results and we’re so happy that they can now move on confidently to their sixth form choices and get back to learning.”
We have a too many standout students to mention them all, but a few include:
Allan, who achieved 9 in maths, 99 in combined science, 9 in computing, 9 in geography, 8 in English literature and B in further maths. April also achieved 9 in maths, 99 in combined science, 8 in computing and 8 in fine art.