The vast majority of students behave very well and are a credit to the school and their families. The school reports regularly on standards of behaviour and effort, but also contacts parents/carers directly to flag up any concerns or note particular achievements.
The school takes a range of different actions to promote high standards of behaviour including:
- rewards and recognition of good behaviour and positive learning attitudes
- sanctions where students do not meet the high expectations of the school
- support strategies for students whose behaviour needs longer term intervention
The school has a clear policy which states:
- its expectation of behaviour for students
- the ways in which the school supports and develops good behaviour
- the steps that parents/carers can take to support their child’s progress in the school
A full copy of this policy is available on the school website or by clicking here.